Hit the Wharf District for Trails Day this Saturday for Mon River Trails Conservancy’s annual Handmade Market.
- An arts market where more than two dozen local artisans will display their wares;
- A kids’ craft table;
- Free white oak seedlings from the Morgantown Tree Board while they last;
- A seed planting station led by Morgantown Public Library;
- A two-mile community walk starting at 2 p.m. at the MRTC tent beside Table 9 restaurant; and
- Live music kicked off by Stonefly Four at 12:30, continuing with Vincent Farsetta at 1:45, and capped off by Emmy of the Mountains at 3 p.m.
In association with the Handmade Market, from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., Morgantown Adventure Outfitters at Walnut Street Landing will offer free use of bikes on the rail-trail and kayaks for a paddle on the Upper Mon River Water Trail.
Mon River Trails Conservancy maintains the 48 miles of rail-trail along the Mon River and Deckers Creek and advocates continually for trail and trail-adjacent improvements we all enjoy. If you’re not a member or need to renew your membership, the beginning of the spring trail season is a perfect time to show your support.