We’ve tallied your votes, and the BOM finalists are in. Before the final round opens where you’ll determine who’s the best of the best, make sure you have an informed vote. Here’s five tasty ways to celebrate BOM challenge week November 12-17 at breweries, cafes, and restaurants near you.
Rustle together the whole family and host a pizza party. Order a pie from each of the Best Pizza finalists to sample them all: HomeGrown Pizza, Mountain State Brewing Company, Pies & Pints, and Pizza Al’s. Lefty’s Place is also a finalist and, although it’s not open right now, it will be re-opening soon. (Be sure to grab one of their pies, too, when they do!) For an added twist, hold a blind test taste. Keep the names of the pizzerias a secret, then poll the crowd for their favorite slice. Or, treat your office by picking up desserts from these Best Sweet Indulgence places: Apple Annie’s, The Cupcakerie, and Terra Cafe. Put them in the break room and see which box of goodies disappears by lunchtime.
No weekend plans yet? Call up some fun-loving friends for a pub crawl around Morgantown. Contenders for Best Brewery are: Chestnut Brew Works, Morgantown Brewing Company, and Mountain State Brewing Company.
There’s a friendly rivalry brewing this year for Best Craft Cocktail Bartender. In one corner, we have Chett Watts and Shane Howell from Hill & Hollow. In the other, Josh Graham and Dean Small from Tin 202. Order a sip from each of these stellar venues and talented bartenders. It will be up to you to decide which restaurant—and person—will take home the title.
Nothing’s better than a delicious, hearty brunch after a night out. Make it a cozy morning date with your significant other or a friendly get-together with a pal you haven’t seen in a while. Take your appetites to one of these Best Breakfast or Brunch finalists: Iron Horse Tavern, Table 9, and Terra Cafe.
Reheating last night’s leftovers in the microwave at work is never fun. This week, pick an afternoon to go out to lunch and grab an international cuisine you’ve never tried before. BOM Food + Drink categories include Chinese, Indian, Italian, Mexican, Middle Eastern, Thai, and Vietnamese. If you’re feeling daring, try a different one every day.
- Chinese restaurant finalists: China City Restaurant, Lavender Cafe, Peking House, and Wong’s Wok.
- Indian restaurant finalists: Bombay Indian Grill, Fresh Mint Indian Grill, and Saffron Indian Grill.
- Italian restaurant finalists: Colasante’s Ristorante and Pub, Oliverio’s Ristorante on the Wharf, and Stefano’s.
- Mexican restaurant finalists: Los Mariachis, La Tapatia Market and Tacos, and Rio Verde.
- Middle Eastern restaurant finalists: Ali Baba Restaurant, Cairo 2 Go, The Greeks, Jasmine Grill, and Salam.
- Thai restaurant finalists: Chaang Thai and Ta-Khrai Thai Cafe.
- Vietnamese restaurant finalists: Pho Hung and Saigon Pho Kitchen.
Don’t forget to vote for your favorites November 19 through December 10!
Leave a Reply