Kick up your tailgate with Kansas-style brisket Dip.
BBQ Brisket Dip
Kick up your tailgate with Kansas-style brisket.
- 2 packages of ready-to-use beef brisket
- ½ red onion diced
- 4 tablespoons butter divided
- 2 14 ounce cans fat-free re-fried beans
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- ½ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- In a skillet over medium heat, saute onion in 2 tablespoons butter. Once softened, turn heat to medium low. Stir frequently, adding additional butter as needed. Cook until onions turn a caramel color, about 15 minutes. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a mixing bowl, combine meat and beans. Stir in onions, then spread into a 9×9 baking dish. Sprinkle cheese evenly over the top, cover dish in foil, and bake covered 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake 5 to 7 more minutes.
- Serve hot with chips or crostini.